10 Things a Dog Asks of it's People!
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you adopt or buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me ... it's crucial for my well being.
4. Don't be angry at me for long, and don't lock me up as a punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware of how you treat me. Would you want to be treated the same way?
7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could crush the bones of your hands, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being 'uncooperative', 'obstinate' or 'lazy', ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not feeling well or not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I grow old: you too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on a difficult journey. Never say "I can't bear to watch it", or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier when you are there.
Have you ever noticed how many people are quick to scold their pet, but never give praise?
When your pet does something good or does what you tell them to do, make CERTAIN to
ALWAYS PRAISE them in a pleasant and cheerful tone of voice. Don't be a Mr. Scrooge!
Characteristics Beagles to ADOPT
Volunteer/FosterParent Links Cruelty LAWS Crating
Emergency Tips Puppy Information List of Shelters